As Muslims, we are always looking for ways to please Allah SWT and earn rewards, both in this World and the Hereafter. One beautiful way to sow & reap these rewards is by using Islamic products as gifts on different occasions. Using our Faith related products on various occasions can be a way for us to stay devoted to Allah and to connect with other Muslims. It can also be a way to live a more Islamic lifestyle.
We can choose to give gifts that are Islamic in nature, such as Quran, prayer rugs, or other faith related books, tasbih, or various other faith inspired products. This is a great way to share our knowledge and love of Islam with others.
Below are some parameters which mark the significance of using Islamic products as gifts on different occasions:
- Increased Taqwa (fear of Allah SWT): With the use of Islamic products in our daily lives and as gifts, we get a step closer to Allah SWT, trying to please Him and follow His commands. This increases our taqwa, which is one of the most important qualities of a Muslim.
- Increased blessings in our lives: Allah SWT promises to bless those who obey Him and follow His commands. With the increased use of Faith related products as gifts, we are spreading Allah’s words and message bringing others as well closer to Him which is also a Sunnah and definitely Allah loves this act of His creation. This undoubtedly leads to increased blessings in our lives, such as good health, wealth, and happiness.
- Forgiveness of sins: Allah SWT is the Most Forgiving and Merciful. He forgives those who repent and turn to Him in sincerity. As we give any kind of Islamic products to our loved ones or to anyone, it signifies our love and efforts towards Allah SWT in our repentance and our commitment to following His commands. This unquestionably leads to forgiveness of our sins.
- Rewards in the Hereafter: Allah SWT promises to increase rewards for those who do good deeds in this world. Whilst utilizing the Islamic faith related products to best of their use as presents or charity, we offer a good deed resulting in increased rewards in the Hereafter.
Here are some Ideas of Islamic products that can be used as gifts on various occasions:
- Prayer Mat/ Prayer Rug Set: Prayer rugs or prayer mat sets are a great idea to give to anyone. With every salah on that gifted prayer rug you reap a reward from Allah SWT. We are indirectly promoting increased salah bringing us all closer to the Devine Power and elevate our spiritual journey.
- Tasbih: A tasbih is a type of prayer bead that is used by Muslims to recite the name of Allah and it is definitely an excellent idea to be given as a gift. There are multiple Hadith about doing the dhikr of Allah. One such Hadith is as mentioned: Narrated Abu Huraira: حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ مَسْلَمَةَ، عَنْ مَالِكٍ، عَنْ سُمَىٍّ، عَنْ أَبِي صَالِحٍ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ ـ رضى الله عنه ـ أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ “ مَنْ قَالَ سُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَبِحَمْدِهِ. فِي يَوْمٍ مِائَةَ مَرَّةٍ حُطَّتْ خَطَايَاهُ، وَإِنْ كَانَتْ مِثْلَ زَبَدِ الْبَحْرِ ”. Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ) said, “Whoever says, ‘Subhan Allah wa bihamdihi,’ one hundred times a day, will be forgiven all his sins even if they were as much as the foam of the sea. (Sahih al-Bukhari 6405)
- Quran al Kareem and Quran Hampers: As we all know that Quran is the holy book of Islam which contains the revelations that were given to the Prophet Muhammad by Allah. It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allah ibn Mas’ood said: Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ) said : «Whoever reads a letter of the Book of Allah will be credited with a good deed, and a good deed gets a tenfold reward. I do not say that Alif-Laam-Meem is a letter, rather alif is a letter, laam is a letter and meem is a letter (Al-Tirmidhi ; also classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi).
- Faith Inspired Islamic Products: There are various kinds of faith inspired products available in the market like Islamic Mugs, Quran Aayat/ Verse quoted frames and Mugs, Zamzam bottles, Bismillah Engraved Bookmarks, faith inspired blissful rehals/ Quran Holders and many more which can be very useful and awsome ideas to be gifted to someone on any occasion like wedding/nikah, engagement, shahadah, Hajj, Umrah, Hifz Quran, Quran Completion, Housewarming, Baby Shower, Aqiqa, Eid and Ramadan.
- Islamic Artefacts: Islamic artefacts is are type of art that is inspired by Islam. It can be found in many different forms, such as painting, calligraphy, souvenirs and home decor. Another brilliant idea for faith or deen related gifts to enhance one’s spritual journey with Allah SWT.
Overall, there are many benefits and significance of using Islamic products as gifts and giveaways on different occasions. It helps us to increase our devotion to Allah, to connect with other Muslims with solidarity feeling a sense of community, to live a more Islamic lifestyle incorporating our faith into our everyday lives, and to earn rewards, both in this Duniya and Akhirah.